What Makes Us Different
- Every patient is different. So our care is different for every patient. We respect the choices you’ve made, and we work hard to provide home health care with those choices in mind.
- We provide disease management programs to help you manage your disease(s), reduce unnecessary visits to the hospital and retain the greatest degree of independence right at home.
- Our specialty programs include, heart, pulmonary and Parkinson’s disease, hip or knee replacement, stroke and more.
- When you need care, we’re ready to provide it. Any day of the year, we can begin home health care for you or your loved one.
- Our heart stretches across the nation. At any given moment, Heartland is providing comforting care to thousands of patients in communities and neighborhoods across the country.
- We’re fully accredited by Accreditation Commission for Health Care (ACHC). We’ve chosen to follow their additional requirements in order to help advance the highest standards of community-based care.
- Wherever you are in your health care journey, we’re there to meet you.
- As mutual care providers, we work closely with your health care professionals to make sure specific protocols are followed closely.
In Addition We Offer
- Medical Director
- Admission follow-up phone call within 24-48 hours after admission
- Follow-up phone call after discharge
- Hospice transition
- Heartland clinicians sent to the Emergency Department to meet patients who have gone to the hospital
- On-site referral coordination
- Disease Management Programs
- Heart Disease
- Pulmonary Disease
- Orthopedics/Total Joint Replacement
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Home IV therapy including a “Specialized Assessment and Administration for Fragile and Elderly Patients” program (SAAFE)
- Dietary consultation for home IV therapy patients
- Specialized therapy
- Ultrasound therapy
- Wound V.A.C.
Dr. Matthew Coppola - Medical Director
- Credentials: MD
- Residency: UPMC McKeesport, St. Francis Medical Center
- Medical School: Saint George's University
- Practice or Clinic: Community Care Plus
Mandy Weaver - Director of Professional Services
- Credentials: RN
- Started in Home Health: 2014
- Academic Degree, School: Associate's Degree in Nursing - Westmoreland County Community College
Tara Magruda - Administrator
Heartland Home Health Care Team
- Patients and families
- Heartland’s Medical Director
- The patient’s physician
- Registered nurses
- Physical, occupational and speech/language therapists
- Social worker
The Heartland Experience means trying to exceed your expectations in every way. As part of our commitment to excellence, we measure the level of our service so that we can enrich the lives of our patients and the people who love them by delivering services that best meet their needs.
Partners in Care
Heartland Home Health Care collaborates with a variety of health care partners and organizations within our community to help improve access to high-quality care.
Other Health Care Providers
Every day, our home health care agencies receive thanks for the care they have provided to a patient or someone’s loved one. Many say they don't have the words to describe their appreciation and simply say "Thanks." Below are comments and letters from patients and family members sharing their appreciation.