What Makes Us Different
- Every patient is different. So our care is different for every patient. We respect the choices you’ve made, and we work hard to provide home health care with those choices in mind.
- We provide disease management programs to help you manage your disease(s), reduce unnecessary visits to the hospital and retain the greatest degree of independence right at home.
- Our specialty programs include, heart, pulmonary and Parkinson’s disease, hip or knee replacement, stroke and more.
- When you need care, we’re ready to provide it. Any day of the year, we can begin home health care for you or your loved one.
- Our heart stretches across the nation. At any given moment, Heartland is providing comforting care to thousands of patients in communities and neighborhoods across the country.
- We’re fully accredited by Accreditation Commission for Health Care (ACHC). We’ve chosen to follow their additional requirements in order to help advance the highest standards of community-based care.
- Wherever you are in your health care journey, we’re there to meet you.
- As mutual care providers, we work closely with your health care professionals to make sure specific protocols are followed closely.
In Addition We Offer
- Medical Director
- Admission follow-up phone call within 24-48 hours after admission
- Follow-up phone call after discharge
- Hospice transition
- On-site referral coordination
- Disease Management Programs
- Heart Disease
- Pulmonary Disease
- Orthopedics/Total Joint Replacement
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Home IV therapy including a “Specialized Assessment and Administration for Fragile and Elderly Patients” program (SAAFE)
- Specialized therapy
- Ultrasound therapy
- Wound V.A.C.
- Protime machines
- Medicare Certification Date: 12/22/1988
Dr. Kelli Koons - Medical Director
- Credentials: MD
- Medical School: University of Oklahoma College of Medicine
- Medical Specialty: Internal Medicine/Pediatrics
- Practice or Clinic: Saint Anthony Physician Clinic
- Other Affiliations: American Board of Internal Medicine, American Board of Pediatrics
Jennifer Sharma - Director of Professional Services
- Credentials: RN, BSN, COS-C
- Started in Home Health: 2004
- Academic Degree, School: Masters of Science in Nursing - Oklahoma Baptist University, Bachelors of Science in Nursing - Oklahoma Baptist University
Rita Ham - Administrator
- Credentials: Oklahoma Home Care Administration License
- Started in Hospice: 2006
- Academic Degree, School: Bachelor of Arts - University of Oklahoma
Heartland Home Health Care Team
- Patients and families
- Heartland’s Medical Director
- The patient’s physician
- Registered nurses
- Physical, occupational and speech/language therapists
- Social worker
Partners in Care
Heartland Home Health Care collaborates with a variety of health care partners and organizations within our community to help improve access to high-quality care.
Other Health Care Providers
Every day, our home health care agencies receive thanks for the care they have provided to a patient or someone’s loved one. Many say they don't have the words to describe their appreciation and simply say "Thanks." Below are comments and letters from patients and family members sharing their appreciation.
Heartland Home Health Care in Shawnee, Oklahoma has been named to the Top 100 of the 2015 HomeCare Elite, a recognition of the top-performing home health agencies in the United States. As a 2015 HomeCare Elite winner, Heartland demonstrates a commitment to providing high quality care in their home health community and have been recognized for their remarkable achievements.
To read more, click here.
It is our goal to create a positive difference every day, to make a personal connection and to create memorable moments that will enrich our patients’ and families’ lives.
To read quotes from patients and family members expressing their thanks and appreciation, click here.
Join Our Team
Become a part of our team and join us on our mission to provide patient-centered care. Click on the link below for a list of current openings at this location. You can also register for our job alerts and get up-to-the minute notifications of positions as they become available.Join Our Team